Monday, February 18, 2008

I am Going Crazy

So what do you do when your 8 month old decides that he doesn't want to nap in his crib anymore (or at all, for that matter) and will do the "I'm really pissed off" cry for over an hour (I refuse to get him out of the crib until an hour--i.e. I do not want him to learn that him crying means getting out of stuff he doesn't want to do). Please do not tell me that because he is sleeping 12 hours at night he "might not need a nap" because for the rest of the afternoon and evening, he is yawning, rubbing his eyes, and cranky. He is not cranky when he gets a nap in...and can still fall asleep easily at 7. This has been going on since Thursday and quite frankly, I'm fed up with him and his no-nap status. Momma needs a break,Baby Bug.

Any suggestions from tired moms?

(Edited: Phew. Minute 34...the crying has ceased for today. He's finally asleep. Good grief.
PS- photo taken from Rocks in my Dryer)

1 comment:

julie said...

Hang in there. It gets better, then it gets worse, then better, then worse. Right now we are in a better phase. I think kids don't like naps because they're afraid they'll miss out on something fun.