Friday, March 28, 2008

Low Hemoglobin Count

These are not unfamiliar words to me. I have heard these words for almost three years, ever since being diagnosed with celiac disease right before Stefan and I got married. This time, however, it was our pediatrician calling to tell us about Lukka's low iron count. Uh-oh. I had hoped the genetic celiac disease would have skipped right over him, but it seems that the symptoms are just now catching up with his very small 9 month body.

"It could be a coincidence, but you need to get him this prescription of iron supplements in the mean time. We'll schedule a test at the 12 month check-up".

I did not want to hear those words. We'll see, maybe with having two celiacs in the family would be a good thing--that I would actually follow the diet instead of cheat.

No comments: