Friday, March 28, 2008

Sleepy Boy

That darn boy is just like his father! S's mom used to tell me that she would watch him in the review mirror to make sure he wouldn't fall asleep before they got home...or there would be his nap. She would wait until he had just nodded off and scream, "STEFAN!" to wake him back up. Lukka fell asleep 4 minutes away from home and I couldn't get him to take a nap, so this evening, everything from not getting more cheese to being put on the ground was a meltdown. This is the first time ever in his 9+ months that he's fallen asleep in my arms. He always wakes up, if dozed off at all, while nursing. Today, he was as limp as a noodle, and as sweet as an angel.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Oh, that is so sweet!! It's been a really long time for me too--not counting the times Caleb has woken up in the middle of the night because he was teething.
Last Wednesday, I went to a Bible study and Kyle put Caleb to bed. When I got home, he told me Caleb wanted to go outside--at 8:15 pm. So, they sat on the porch, Caleb in Kyle's lap and that's how he fell asleep. I was jealous, but hearing about it was so sweet that I teared up a bit.