Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Vaccine Shortage

This morning we went to the Lincoln Lancaster County Health Department for Lukka's 6 month round of shots. He would normally get two in the leg, and one oral. I was one of the first people there and we were still waiting for over an hour. That has never happened to me before! I guess I should count myself lucky that they are so cheap (each time you go, for 3 vaccs, $15 total). Today the nurse said I would have to come back in a week because there was a shortage of one of his vaccs that he needed. He did great, sucked down the oral vaccine, and only made a frown when he got the shot! The nurse couldn't believe it...makes waiting worth it! To bad it infringed on his one naptime, so he's having trouble falling asleep this morning, but I'll take a short nap over polio.

No comments: